Flex Season Details
Updated Saturday March 2, 2019 by Christine Pulsifer.
Flex Program Overview
We know as new parents to the program that you will probably feel overwhelmed from all of the information outlined below. We want you to have as much information as possible so that you understand the commitment involved.
This year we are proud to offer two travel teams. We will have a co-ed team for grades K/1 and 2/3.
Our season will begins in August. You will be contacted by a coach in July with details on when practice will begin. It typically begins the second week of August on a week night for about 1-1/2 hours.
Registration Fee: Flat Fee of $150.00
Tentative 2019 Dates:
- Paperwork Hand In:
- First Practice: Week of July 29th
- Family Pizza Night:
- Roster Picture Night:
- Last day to submit paperwork:
- League Jamboree: Most likely August 17th or 18th
- First Regular Season Game:
- Calendar Raffle Money Due: September 19th
- End of Season: usually the end of October
Flex Flag Players are issued the following:
- Flex Padding (soft shell shoulder pads and cap)
It is highly recommended to purchase the following:
- Cleats or sneakers
- Protective Cup and Athletic Supporter
Our league is part of the Central Mass Youth Football and Cheer Conference (CMYFCC) which is affiliated with American Youth Football (AYF) League. AYF is the world's largest youth football and cheer league. Being part of this conference/league requires us to follow certain policies and procedures for insurance purposes. The following paperwork will need to be submitted to play:
- Birth Certificates: 1st time participants are required to submit a Birth Certificate with a raised seal to show proof of age.
- Player Packet: AYF forms that are needed to play
- Physical/Medical: All participants should be medically cleared by a doctor to play any sport.
- Report Card: Academics should be the # 1 priority to our players. Students that are not meeting academic benchmarks cannot participate in our program.
- NSYFCA Forms (General Info for Players & Parent Code of Conduct): Our league has expectations of our players and families and we wanted to be clear on how our league operates.
All Flag families are asked to sell participate in our calendar fundraiser. Calendars will be handed out the first night of practice and will give you 1 1/2 months to sell them.